lundi 18 février 2013

STEPS TO FULFILL IN THE RESTORATION PROCESS:

•Firmly decide to obey and overcome
This is the first thing and the first thing is the will to change. The person must be
determined to be restored trusting in God, recalling that God does not force anything; He
waits for the decision and obedience without forcing. So who does not want to be restored
won't be.
“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you”
(Isaiah 26: 3).
“My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music” (Psalms
57: 7).
• Acquire the absolute trust in God
You must strip of distrust in God and his inappropriate image. The following verses show
the lack of trust in God and its consequences:
“I cry out to you, God, but you do not answer; I stand up, but you merely look at me.” (Job
30: 20).
“I say to God my Rock, “Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?” (Psalms 42: 9).
75
It is necessary to knock down the feelings of mistrust to avoid obstacles like the fear of
punishment by the feelings of guilt and adverse feelings (anger, hatred etc.) because of the
emotional pain and destructive thoughts. The absolute trust in God and in His Word is the
basis to grow spiritually, as expressed in the following verse:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your
ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3: 5-6).
• Be totally honest before God to weaken defense mechanisms
It is necessary that all pain be released absolutely in God, in prayer alone with God. Be
totally honest because Lord knows everything. Through honesty, the person will be able to
knock down his own lies or defense mechanisms, essential step to let the truth of God to be
internalized in his life. For this it is necessary to remember that God knows everything,
even the things that dare not say. He knows everything, and being honest with Him has the
effect of releasing the negative and destructive emotions.
“Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?” declares the LORD. “Do not I
fill heaven and earth?” declares the LORD (Jeremiah 23: 24).
Let’s see, in Chapter 20, how the Prophet Jeremiah releases his pain and tension, with
honesty of feelings and emotions, before God.
“Cursed be the day I was born! May the day my mother bore me not be blessed! Cursed be
the man who brought my father the news, who made him very glad, saying, “A child is
76
born to you—a son!” May that man be like the towns the LORD overthrew without pity!
May he hear wailing in the morning, a battle cry at noon.” (Jeremiah 20: 14-16).
God invites us to throw our anxiety upon Him to so we would release our loads:
“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due
time.” (I Peter 5: 6).
Be honest to God frees internal stress; silence produces tension and internal conflicts, as
well as psychosomatic illnesses:
“When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.” (Psalms
32: 3).
• Accept the Will of God (Lordship).
The person must eventually accept His Will through painful facts like accidents, natural
disasters, deaths, etc. Remember that he not lied to us.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have
trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16: 33).
• Restore communion with God
77
You must confess your own wickedness to God and ask forgiveness to God for blaming
Him of the pain suffered.
“I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.” (Psalms 38: 18).
“Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces
them finds mercy.” (Proverbs 28: 13)
• Destroy the resistance and ways of avoiding pain
It is necessary to face the responsibility and consequences because of the emotional pain
and do not blame others or evade with the own lies (defense mechanism), as did Adam and
Eve to disobey the Lord:
The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree,
and I ate it.” Then the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
(Genesis 3: 12-13).
Defense mechanisms are destroyed by accepting reality and responsibility for the facts:
“Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right
in your verdict and justified when you judge.” (Psalms 51: 4).
• Accept God's forgiveness and accept it
78
“We have sinned and rebelled and you have not forgiven.” (Lamentations 3: 42).
“Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.” (Psalms
32: 1).
“I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your
sins no more.” (Isaiah 43: 25).
“Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will
confess my transgressions to the LORD.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin.” (Psalms
32: 5).
• Forgive and understand that the past cannot be change but the consequences
Because God has forgiven, therefore it is necessary to assume the privileges of being the
son of God.
“If you, LORD, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand? But with you there is
forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you.” (Psalms 130: 3-4).
“For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of
the Son he loves” (Colossians 1: 13).
79
“This is what your Sovereign LORD says, your God, who defends his people: “See, I have
taken out of your hand the cup that made you stagger; from that cup, the goblet of my
wrath, you will never drink again.” (Isaiah 51: 22).
• Forgive your neighbor understanding that it is a decision
Understand that the way as God has forgiven you must forgive others:
“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against
someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3: 13).
• Remove the old arguments
The person will need to remove the weeds and rubbish in his thoughts that are the engine of
the actions and emotions and give up the old arguments and destructive habits. You must
take off the old arguments and reject them because you may not sow among thorns or build
on rubble.
“As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.”
(Mark 4: 7).
“Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19 but the worries of this life, the
deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word,
making it unfruitful.” (Mark 4: 18-19).
80
“This is what the LORD says to the people of Judah and to Jerusalem: “Break up your
unplowed ground and do not sow among thorns.” (Jeremiah 4: 3).
• Sow in clean soil new arguments based on the Word of God
A word of power, according to the need should be sown in the clean area of the mind and
the heart. Let the Holy Spirit Guide, while pruning every area of the painful memories.
Cypress and Myrtle represent your new arguments born from God's Word
“Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD’s renown, for an everlasting sign, that will endure forever.”
(Isaiah 55: 13).
• Building new goals for life.
You must guide the person to restore his life according to God's will to build new plans and
goals according to the vision that God has given you and according to his abilities and
talents. God will give him real and achievable goals. He should be aware that life changes
therefore must be flexible to start new plans although they are no longer those who desired
in the past. God will always give better things than expected to those who trust Him. He
tells us in His Word:
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my
thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55: 9)
81
PRAYER:
In you, LORD my God,
I put my trust.
I trust in you;
do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.
No one who hopes in you
will ever be put to shame,
but shame will come on those
who are treacherous without cause.
Show me your ways, LORD,
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love,
82
for they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you, LORD, are good.
Good and upright is the LORD;
therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
He guides the humble in what is right
and teaches them his way.
All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful
toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.
For the sake of your name, LORD,
forgive my iniquity, though it is great.
Who, then, are those who fear the LORD?
He will instruct them in the ways they should choose.
They will spend their days in prosperity,
83
and their descendants will inherit the land.
The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them.
My eyes are ever on the LORD,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.
Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
Relieve the troubles of my heart
and free me from my anguish.
Look on my affliction and my distress
and take away all my sins.
See how numerous are my enemies
and how fiercely they hate me!
Guard my life and rescue me;
do not let me be put to shame,
for I take refuge in you.
84
May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope, LORD, is in you.
Deliver Israel, O God,
from all their troubles! (Psalms 25)
v It should be remembered that the restoration is a process in which the person will have to
assume the Word of God! The person will need patience and face struggles that must be
overcome gradually.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire